Motivation is our goal as we meet each students “where they are at”.
While we tutor students, our focus is more on mentoring.
Theorist Simon Sinek said it best in this inspiring and truthful quote, “A mentor is not someone who walks ahead of you to show you how they did it. A mentor walks alongside you to show you what you can do.” This is always our approach when facilitating our mentoring workshops.
We are all individuals with different needs, we each need to find our own “best”, most productive and fitting way to reach our goals.
Unity Studios mentoring programs
- equip students with valuable & practical information; knowledge & skills focussing on higher order thinking, exploration and discovery
- build character and healthy realisation of self worth through connection & communication, integrity & social skills
- foster a lifelong love of learning
- aim to teach students about self responsibility
- teaches resilience and the importance of resourcefulness
- highlights the importance of networks in setting and achieving goals
- is student directed; working from prior knowledge and skills, passions, interests and strengths