Motivation is our goal as we meet each student “where they are at”.
While we look at specific content with students, our focus is more on mentoring.
Theorist Simon Sinek said it best in this inspiring and truthful quote, “A mentor is not someone who walks ahead of you to show you how they did it. A mentor walks alongside you to show you what you can do.” This is always our approach when facilitating our sessions.
We are all individuals with different needs, strengths and weaknesses. We each need to find our own “best”, most productive and fitting way to reach our goals.
Unity Studios mentoring programs
- equip students with valuable & practical information; knowledge & skills focussing on higher order thinking, exploration and discovery
- build character and healthy realisation of self worth through connection & communication, integrity & social skills
- foster a lifelong love of learning
- aim to teach students about self responsibility
- teaches resilience and the importance of resourcefulness
- highlights the importance of networks in setting and achieving goals
- is student directed; working from prior knowledge and skills, passions, interests and strengths
“The mentors at Unity Studios form a good relationship with you, so you can trust them and have a good talk about basically anything.
They try their best to understand what you’re saying and try to help you with a solution. I trust them to help me achieve my goals, they don’t take it easy on you but the work is fun.
Overall it’s good because I feel I am on my way to achieving my goals, while having some fun and making friends.
I give Unity Studios a solid 9.5/10.”
– Michael, Year 8 Ignition student.
A key element of learning at Unity Studios is goal setting. Here are some of the questions we ask students when they begin with US –
- What are my strengths?
- What areas would I like to improve?
- What do I love doing/what am I passionate about?
- How well do I communicate?
- What do I hope for short term/long term?
- How do I learn?
- What can I do to get the best results I can?
“Today I watched my daughter begin her tutoring session in tears at the thought of doing maths. Within 5 minutes she had the biggest smile on her face and was happily learning. Thank you so much, you are truly making a difference in her life!” – Peggy
“First session today. My year 9 student walked in with a storm on her shoulders and walked out smiling, chatty and relaxed and couldn’t wait to talk to me about Commerce studies. Thanks Cassandra, Today I can see the difference between teachers and educators.” – Liza
“Absolutely love this place! So kind and wonderful! Have helped me with my studies and how to balance out my HSC! Thank you so much!” – Shanya
“The results speak for themselves. My sons self esteem, confidence and exam results have all improved. Thank you so much Cassandra and Liam.”- Julie